Friday 24 August 2007

I'm back from my jollies!

I had a fantastic time. First we travelled to Belgium and spent a couple of days in Ghent.

A lovely river town in Belgium. The architecture is amazing. Very Gothic and the buildings all have specially shaped roofs. We visited the WW1 battlefields experience while here. It was amazing. I think everyone should go on the tour to see the way they had to live during WW1 and to see how they tragically died.


Then it was onto the Netherlands where we stayed with our friends Sabine and Henry. They live in a lovely place.

And fed us chocolate cakes that were gorgeous!

From here we travelled to Frankfurt for some cider and cheese

and then onto Strasbourg to cruise up and down the Rhine


We spent the last afternoon in Heidelberg visiting Carol and Roland


We spent the night in Strasbourg before travelling home



And I didn't get much stitching done at all in the whole 12 days, even though I took a sampler and two bookmarks with me!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sounds like an amazing time! Thanks for the postcards. :)